Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pursuit of Perfection?


With all the recent Super Bowl hype and the Patriots trying to be perfect it got me to thinking. "Pursuit of perfection" how many Christian parallels can we make out of this. The Pat's kept shutting the subject out, no one wanted to talk about it. I think they missed some good opportunities to talk about Jesus. In all of history, throughout all the world only one has been perfect. Mercury Morris said that there is only 1 resident it "Perfectville." He is right! Of course he was referring to his '72 Dolphins "perfect" record. Ok they didn't lose a game, I understand that... but perfect...? Mercury Morris lead the team in '72 with 8 Fumbles. That is 2 away from the most in the league that year. The Dolphins as a team gave up the 3rd most yards per return that year. Oh and don't let me forget the beloved Mercury Morris' cocaine trafficking conviction in '82... who is perfect?? I know I'm splitting hairs and bringing up past things that may not be relevant. My point is this: They can talk about how "perfect" they were because they didn't lose a game, but in all of their arrogance I can still find tiny imperfections. In all of Jesus' humbleness there is not a thing He did wrong. He gave His life for all mankind, would Mercury do that? Just remember your priorities people. I love football more than most people. I just gave you a bunch of boring stats you care nothing about to prove a point. Jesus is the only one we can put or faith in. You belong to Him. 

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

I'm perfect, aren't you?