Friday, November 30, 2007

Church and State??


It's that time again, and has been for sometime. So what do you think. Most of you know I'm a hippie liberal, or maybe you didn't. I'm not so far left that I agree with this picture I posted, but it is funny so please don't be offended. Well actually you can be... remember... my blog... shut up!! Now the disclaimer is out of the way, let's get down to business. I really agree with good 'ole Dave Lipscomb on this one. I think Christians have a higher purpose than politics. Jesus told us to pay taxes and follow the law. That's about all I know. I'm not the most learned on this subject, but my inner feeling is that church should be separate from state. I say this not to say that God should be left out completely, I'm just saying that your "religion" shouldn't be the only thing that drives you. I think love should drive you no matter what. I think too many dilemmas would come from being a Christian politician. War is an obvious one. I'm not sure as a Christian I would feel good about commanding the death of ANYONE. God sent people to war in the OT but he is GOD!!! I don't feel comfortable making that decision. Also just everyday honesty is not conducive to our political system. This is just the way I feel. I think Christians have a better things to do. Moral's belong in politics, don't get me wrong, but we shouldn't want to force God on anyone. He wouldn't want that. Kid's can still pray in school. Tell your kids that prayer is in school and it's against rules for teachers to stop them. No one that works for the state can establish religion, or unestablish it. That isn't a word. So be mad at me, agree with me, and I may have gone way overboard. My only problem with Christians is that they don't find out for themselves. I got so mad at people when I was at OC because if you didn't vote for Bush you were a sinner, but no one explained why they did vote for him other than gay marriage, abortion, and the fact that John Kerry is a PUTZ. The latter was actually the best reason. Find out things for yourself people. You are such sheep. You will follow anyone that has a goody in front of you. Follow Jesus, that is the shepherd we should follow, but find out things for yourself. Don't conform to things that others do especially other Christians. Jesus is the way. I'm so random. I'm not even on the original subject... shut up!!

zaC

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

Great thoughts....all of them.